GBS sent along a new ignition barrel to replace the one that came from the donor steering column. Replacing it is pretty easy if you have the original keys, I didn't.
Barrel removal if you have the original keys:
- Insert key into the ignition, turn to position "II".
- Press down on the small brass pin with a pick or a punch.
- Gently pull & wriggle the barrel out of the steering column.
Barrel removal if you don't have the original keys:
- Research "Tibbe lock picking" on Google, watch YouTube videos on the topic.
- Order a Tibbe lock picking tool and wait for it to arrive.
- Fail to pick the lock with the Tibbe lock picking tool.
- Drill out the brass pin with a 5/32" drill bit, then go to town with a hammer and screw driver.
Installing the new barrel:
- Insert key into the new barrel, align it so that the key is on "II".
- Insert the barrel into the steering column while pressing down on the brass pin.
- Have a cocktail.