NOTE: GBS's definition of "right side" is the right side of the car viewing it from rear. This blog defaults to "left side" and "right side" [when viewed from the rear] instead of "driver's side" or "passenger's side" for parts that are specifically handed relative to the chassis.
- Front Suspension Arms
- The MX-5 Miata front upper and lower control arms are not handed.
- The MX-5 Miata front wing mounts are handed, the higher side going toward the front of the car. (The wing mount that goes on the right side of the car does have a small notch.)
- Rear Suspension Arms
- The Sierra rear lower control arms are not handed.
- The Sierra rear upper control arms are handed. The control arm with the notch goes on the right side of the car.
- Rear Uprights/Brake Brackets
- The Sierra rear hub carriers are handed. The hub carrier with the notch goes to on the right side of the car.
- The Sierra rear brake brackets are handed. The brake bracket with the notch goes on the right side of the car.
- The Sierra spacer kit is not required to keep the axles from binding, the brake brackets fill that role.
The information presented here is confirmed by GBS as accurate to my car which has MX-5 front and Ford Sierra rear suspension components.