Monday, October 18, 2021

Project-Zero: Wiper Arm Modification

NOTE: I am not using these wiper arms.  Instead I bought a better set from an outfit in the UK.

The wiper arms that shipped with my GBS Zero kit were way too long and needed to be modified. The first go at this I just cut the blade to fit but that was...not good.

The second go, I drilled out the rivets holding the wiper arm together, marked the length needed for the the blade fit the windscreen at the highest point in its sweep.  Marked it up, then drilled the arm. Before I riveted the arm back together, I made the same mod to the other wiper arm using the first as template so that they're the identical length.

Before and after pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.