It's been a bit of time since I've made an update here and it's time to do some brain dumping, starting with some fluids.
The car is now presently full of fluids. Let's talk about them.
- Engine Oil
- Motorcraft 5W-20 full synthetic - No point in using anything more exotic, special, or expensive on the car right now.
- Transmission fluid
- Redline MTL Gear Oil - 75W-80 GL-4 gear oil, pretty much the only thing that I use in my Miata transmissions.
- Gear Oil
- Royal Purple Max Gear - 75w-90. I needed 75W-90 for the differential and this is what Winchester Auto had in stock. I would have preferred Redline but in a pandemic, beggars can't be choosers.
- Distilled Water & [water wetter] - I live in California, there's no real need to run anti-freeze. Distilled water and some anti-corrosive additives are good.
- Brake Fluid
- Generic DOT-4 - Again, nothing special right now. High enough temp resistance and fairly inexpensive. I really don't like the idea of leaking Ate or Motul all over the garage while hunting down leaks. I can bleed it all out later, if needed.